Chef Susan Ytterberg, Executive Chef of Golden Plum Personal Chef Services, shares her recipe for Crostini with Nectarines and Goat Cheese.
Summer is the time of year where beautiful, ripened stone fruits are at their peak! This recipe, from Chef Susan Ytterberg, Executive Chef and Owner of Golden Plum Personal Chef Services, showcases the beauty and sumptuousness of ripe peaches or nectarines. Share this appetizer at your next gathering at home with a crisp glass of white wine or rose. Enjoy!
Crostini with Nectarines and Goat Cheese
1 French baguette
1 log of goat cheese
2 ripe peaches or nectarines, cleaned and sliced
1 stick of softened, salted butter
Thyme, top crowns and leaves plucked to place on top of fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice baguette into ¼-inch width slices. Spread butter over entire top surface of bread slice. Place slices on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 13 minutes until pale golden in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice peaches or nectarines.
- Remove wrapper from goat cheese and spread on cooled crostini covering surface area.
- Place peach or nectarine slice on top of crostini.
- Drizzle a little honey over each slice of fruit on crostini.
- Garnish with fresh thyme on top of fruit
- Plate and serve.