The holiday season is well underway, which means it’s time to start planning some local family fun. Many of us were unable to travel or celebrate with our loved ones last December. So now, we’re all-the-more excited to fully experience this magical time of year. Below, we rounded-up five family-friendly happenings. These events are sure to leave you feeling festive and primed for a season filled with giving and gathering.
- Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando: Mickey Mouse is celebrating his 50th anniversary in Central Florida, and you can be a part of the fun (pictured above)! From new daytime and nighttime shows to attraction openings, your stay will be filled with epic surprises. At Magic Kingdom, you can be charmed at “Disney Enchantment.” This feature aims to inspire audiences to believe in the power of magic. There are special perks for resort visitors too. All guests will have early morning access to the parks. Plus, guests at Deluxe resorts can also enjoy extended evening hours on select nights at certain locations.
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort in Winter Haven: Plan a weekend trip to this 150-acre theme park from the end of November through December for the ultimate kid-friendly holiday celebration. While there, you can enjoy the giant LEGO® Christmas tree, seasonal shows, holidays characters, twinkling lights, and more. Be sure to book a stay at the Pirate Island Hotel or the LEGOLAND Hotel. Here, every room includes a separate area for the kids to sleep as well as free Master Model Builder Workshops.
- A Merry Winter Garden Light Show in Winter Garden: On Friday, December 18th from 6 to 9 p.m., visitors can enjoy a spectacular animated light show synced to holiday music. Projected onto the front of Winter Garden City Hall, it’s just the thing to get you and your family excited for this jolly time of year.
Holiday Family Fun in Central Florida
- Winter On The Avenue in Winter Park: Kick off the holiday season with a special celebration on Park Avenue! On Friday, December 3rd from 5 to 9 p.m., guests can enjoy the tree-lighting ceremony, carolers, and live jazz music. Of course, there will be a special guest from the North Pole too! Out-of-towners can book a stay at The Alfond Inn and walk over to join the festivities. Be sure to squeeze in some Christmas shopping too!
- Staycation at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando: Close out the holiday season with a staycation at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Without the luxury of your home kitchen, it’s important to plan ahead for your meals. Make reservations for a four-course Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner at Bull & Bear, a selection of Chef’s holiday favorites at La Luce, or a family buffet at Oscar’s®. Plus, you can enjoy complimentary transportation to Walt Disney World and Disney Springs®.
What local celebrations will you enjoy this holiday season? Tell us on Instagram @edibleorlando!