With the school year underway, many families are looking ahead to October and the allure of a long weekend getaway. What better way to relax and enjoy some quality time together than with a staycation in Central Florida?
Staycation Suggestions in Central Florida
Here are five of our favorite picks for local trips:
1. Streamsong Resort: Only a two-hour drive from Orlando, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to the sandy deserts of Arizona or Wyoming. Situated on 16,000 acres of lush landscapes, this one-of-a-kind golf destination is the perfect place to recharge. Luckily, there is sure to be something to engage each member of your family — from three top-100 golf courses and outdoor adventures to a relaxing spa and delicious dining options.
2. The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes: This upscale retreat sits on 500 acres, including a 43-acre lake with fishing access, hiking trails, and more. Start your stay by sipping on a refreshing Dill or No Dill cocktail at Highball & Harvest. Next, be sure to order the pimento cheeseburger — a sandwich with a well-deserved spot on our list of Orlando’s Best Burgers. For more details, read about our publisher’s staycation at this beautiful spot here.
3. Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando: If you’re looking for a weekend getaway in the city, reserve a room at the Grand Bo and soak up the energy of the bustling metropolis. Be sure to make time for The Boheme Restaurant’s award-winning Jazz Brunch on Sunday morning. There, you can enjoy breakfast classics like homemade waffles, omelets, and eggs Benedict.
Special Deals for Your Hotel Stays
4. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World: It’s impossible to have a round-up of Central Florida staycations and not include “the happiest place on Earth!” And now is the perfect time to book your trip: Beginning on October 1, 2021, your stay at this beautiful AAA Five Diamond Resort will include an early entry of 30 minutes to any theme park every day. Don’t forget to stop in for the buffet or a la carte breakfast at Ravello. You can’t go wrong with the locally-sourced shrimps-and-grits or the brioche French toast stuffed with Key lime curd.
5. The Alfond Inn: Head to Winter Park for a picturesque stay at this Mediterranean-inspired boutique hotel. While you’re there, take advantage of the shops on Park Avenue. After shopping, grab a table at Hamilton’s Kitchen for a Southern-style chow down. An added bonus: Florida residents can receive 10 percent off a one or more night stay in a Classic Room.
Of course, if you do make upcoming travel plans, stay safe! We encourage you to practice social distancing and follow all local guidelines, including mask mandates. Also, check out each location to ensure that restaurants and entertainment suggestions are operating as usual.
Tell us: Where are you heading for your next weekend getaway? Be sure to check out the Travel section of our website for more great ideas!