At Edible Orlando, it’s no secret that we love pizza. A quick look at our Chef Q&As or Fun Food Ideas, and you’ll see plenty of options for Central Florida locals. Below, we list six of our favorite spots for this crowd-pleasing meal.
Fresh Ingredients and House-Made Sauces
1. Pammie’s Sammies: If you want a creative pie topped with inspiring ingredients, look no further! At Pammie’s Sammies, the Artsie Pizzas (as they’re called on the menu) from Chef Pam Thomas will fit the bill. If you’re in the mood for a meat-free meal, try the Isle of Capri (roasted garlic butter, diced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a balsamic drizzle). Or stick with Pesto Chicken for a taste of their house-made sauce and house-made pesto, finished with pulled chicken, mozzarella, and a balsamic glaze drizzle.
2. Stefano’s Trattoria: For authentic Sicilian cuisine, head to Stefano’s Trattoria. There, Chefs Lewis English and Austen Gibbs make comforting Italian fare from scratch. You’ll have a hard time choosing from the eight pizzas on the menu. If you need a break from tomato sauce, try the Pizza Bianca Neve (ricotta, fresh basil, fresh garlic, and olive oil with mozzarella cheese). For a protein-filled option, order the Pizza Quattro Gusti (mozzarella cheese with ham, frankfurters, ground beef, sausage, and tomato sauce).
3. Pizza Bruno: Chef Bruno Zacchini has been creating Neapolitan-style pizzas with local flair since 2016. At Pizza Bruno in Orlando, check out the House Speciality ‘Za menu. Tasty offerings include the Crimson Ghost (mozzarella, soppressata, basil, and Mike’s Hot Honey) and The Dude (black pepper, taleggio, pecorino (a favorite ingredient of Zacchini!), mozzarella, and Parmesan).
Flavorful Pizza Pies
4. Frenchy’s Wood-Fired: Located in Gatlin Hall Brewing, a brewery and food hall in Downtown Orlando, Frenchy’s Wood-Fired is a fun spot for flavorful pies. Meat-lovers will delight in every bite of the Carne (mozzarella, pepperoni, meatballs, sausage, and vodka sauce). Meanwhile, traditionalists will appreciate the simplicity of the Margherita (mozzarella and tomato basil sauce). Be sure to grab a draft bar from a local brewery to enjoy with your ‘za!
5. Ziggie’s Pizza: This restaurant, owned by Christian Ziegler, recently opened in the Ivanhoe Village neighborhood — fittingly in the former location of Perla’s Pizza. The names of these New Haven-style thin crust pizza pies are as creative as the ingredients. For a truly unique experience, order the Wu-Tang Clam. You’ll be blown away by the base of white anchovy sauce, topped with mozzarella and pecorino cheese. It’s finished with pan-seared clams, potatoes, red onions, garlic, parsley, and lemon.
6. Terralina Crafted Italian: The perfect spot for a kid-friendly meal, this Disney Springs restaurant serves up big pizzas and beautiful views of Lake Buena Vista. The Meatball (meatballs, mozzarella, tomato, and basil) or Artisan Pepperoni (pepperoni, mozzarella, roasted garlic, and basil) will be family favorites.
Check out our Dine section for more of our favorite spots around Orlando!